2018 CFBD Intramural Open 2018 | Feb 22nd – Mar 26th
What is the Intramural Open?
The CrossFit Open is an annual worldwide competition that attracted close to 300,000 participants last year. CrossFit issues a workout every Thursday night for 5 weeks. The workouts are modified from Rx to a scaled and master’s standards (with a new master’s age division of 35-39). This year, we are doing it a little differently. We aim to have a fun series of events that provides education, motivation, and of course a load of fun with our community.
Why should I participate in the CFBD Intramural Open?
This being our first year holding an Intramural Open, we want to make the Open extra special by making it friendly to all fitness levels and mainly having as many community members participate. So, for CFBD Open participants, we are hosting weekly “Friday Night Lights” parties, and skill clinics/tips. You will also get an awesome 2018 Open T-Shirt!
- Join one of 4 CFBD Intramural Teams – We will select teams based on a draft, random or a hybrid method. Our goal is to have the team’s skill set as evenly distributed as possible.
- Get a “2018 Open” CFBD t-shirt exclusive only to participants – Register by February 9th to guarantee a t-shirt.
- Complete the CrossFit Headquarters workout of the week, per week.
- Weekly “Friday Night Lights” parties to complete the WOD, and then celebrate with beer, wine, and snacks
- Special skill clinics and tips each week for CFBD Open participants
- Submit your workout score for individual points (CFHQ) and team points
- Prizes each week for top placers and top team
- Rx, Scaled, and Fit(Camp) Divisions
Points are awarded weekly and announced by Tuesday of the following week.
1 point for each athlete who completes the Open workout by 7:30 pm Monday
2 points for each athlete who completes the Open workout at Friday Night Lights
2 points for each member who posts a video on their social media page (Facebook or Instagram) of them doing that week’s Open workout
3 points for each member that sets a new personal record for any movement (1st muscle-up, 1st toes-to-bar, heaviest clean & jerk, etc.) during an Open workout
4 points for top male/female in each division
5 points for the team with the best spirit (loudest cheer for teammates/team that tried the hardest to score high/matching outfits/etc.)
The winning team will be added to our Intramural Open Plaque to be presented at our Closing Ceremony, plus weekly goodies for individual winners!
CFBD Open Registration: $30 to help cover the t-shirt, supplies, judges, and weekly refreshments. To register, add your name to the Participants area on the announcement board at the box!
To register for CrossFit Open, visit games.crossfit.com.
Registration fee for those who also register for the CrossFit HQ Open is only $15.
You are NOT required to register for the CrossFit HQ Open to participate in our Intramural Open, but you may choose to do both!